Our Vision: At St. Ignatius of Loyola Parish, children will feel engaged, included, and connected to the life of the church community. They will be formed as people of faith through a personal, joyful relationship with Jesus.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Children’s Liturgy of the Word during the 11:00 Mass on Sundays
- Sacramental Preparation for First Communion and Confirmation.
- Monthly Family Breakfasts
For us to best serve you and your child, we ask that you please register your child.
HOW IT WORKS
Sunday Children’s Liturgy
All children from Preschool to Grade 6 are invited to attend this special pull-out session during the 11:00 mass on Sundays. They will be called to the altar for a blessing at the start of mass. They proceed downstairs to the hall for a reading of the gospel, discussion, and age-based group activities. They will return to mass in time for the Eucharistic Prayer.
These special gatherings take place several times a year, at 10:00 (between the two Sunday masses.) They are a chance for families to gather for social time and get to know one another and the program.
- October 29
- November 26
- January 28
- February 18
- April 22
Children who are receiving First Communion and Confirmation are asked to attend six special parent/child evening events over the course of the year. These sessions last about an hour and a half. They include prayer, instruction, and an activity. Ordinarily, children receive First Communion in Grade 3 and Confirmation in Grade 6.
First Communion Dates
- Tuesday, February 6 at 6:15 — Parent/Child Gathering
- Tuesday, March 27 at 6:15 — Parent/Child Gathering
- Tuesday, April 17 at 6:15 — Reconciliation Preparation (Parent/Child)
- Saturday, April 21, 10:00 — Sacrament of Reconciliation — all attend
- Tuesday, April 24 at 6:15 — Rehearsal for First Communion
- Sunday, April 29, 11:00 — Celebration of First Holy Communion
- Tuesday, February 13 at 6:15 – Parent/Child Meeting
- Sunday, February 25 at 2:00 – Holy Spirit Day for all Confirmation candidates at the Cathedral (1085 Cathédrale St, Montreal, QC H3B 2V3)
- Tuesday, March 20 at 6:15 – Parent/Child Meeting
- Tuesday, May 8 at 6:15 – Parent/Child Meeting to prepare for Reconciliation (Confession)
- Saturday, May 12 at 10:00am – Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession) in the church. All attend.
- Tuesday, May 22, 5:30 to 8:30 – Confirmation Retreat and Rehearsal. PARENTS and SPONSORS arrive at 7:00 for mass. Photographer will be present to take orders.
- Sunday, May 27 at 11:00 – Confirmation — arrive by 10:45
What is the cost?
- PreK and Kindergarten: $15 per child
- Grades 1-6: $150 for the first child, $75 for each additional child. Bursaries are available to families for whom cost is an obstacle.
- CLICK HERE and scroll to the bottom of the page to pay online.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Please send a request to be added to the mailing list to firstname.lastname@example.org.